The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a fantasy action-adventure puzzle game starring Link and Princess Zelda.
Click a title to learn more about each topic.
Story & Themes
Link is just a simple goatherd from Ordon Village, but when his friend Ilia, along with all of the village's children, are kidnapped by monsters, Link leaves Ordon in an attempt to save them.
Link quickly learns from Princess Zelda that the land of Hyrule is under attack from the Twilight Realm, led by the evil Zant. Zant is attempting to cover Hyrule in darkness. When Link enters an area that has been taken by Twilight, he transforms into a wolf. His mission changes from saving the village children to saving the entire kingdom.
Link is aided on his quest by the snarky Midna, the true queen of the Twilight Realm. Midna was usurped by Zant, and wishes to reclaim her throne and restore balance between light and darkness.
As Link travels between regions of Hyrule, rescuing the kingdom's light spirits and restoring order, he helps many of the kingdom's inhabitants as they go through various crises. Themes of death, fear, memory, trust, and loneliness are explored.
- Why did Zant decide to invade Hyrule? Do you think his reasons were noble, even if the results were catastrophic?
- What makes the Princess Zelda of this game different from the Zeldas in other games in this series?
- Have you wondered where the ancient swordsman came from?
- What did you make of Link's relationship with Midna? Is she a good person?
- Did parts of this game frighten you? What was the most scary?
Interests / Subjects:
Animals, Anime, Collecting, Fairy Tales, Fantasy, Magic, Puzzles
COMPETENCIES / INTELLIGENCIES:
Critical thinking, Physical coordination, Reaction Time, Pattern Recognition, Strategy
REGION OF ORIGIN:
Cannot be played online