Yesterday’s half hour Nintendo Direct featured the latest news and updates on upcoming Nintendo games, hardware, and amiibo.
Here’s a rundown of all the news:
- A Pikmin amiibo was announced to tie-in with the upcoming 3DS title, though functionality was not yet revealed. It launches alongside Hey Pikmin on July 28.
- Three new Link figures from past Zelda series are coming June 23.
- New Super Smash Bros. figures for DLC characters Cloud, Corinne, and Bayonetta will arrive July 21. Each figure will be released in two different versions, for a total of six new figures.
- New Inkling Boy, Inkling Girl, Inkling Squid amiibo can be used with Splatoon 2 to swap outfits. Previously released Splatoon amiibo will also be compatible. The new amiibo launch alongside Splatoon 2 on July 21.
- Hey Pikmin is a 2D spin-off of the Pikmin series. It’s coming July 28.
- Ever Oasis was given a few new tantalizing details, including a story centered on protecting the last oasis, and it’s faerie guardian. Ever Oasis releases June 23.
- Monster Hunter Stories looks like a Pokémon-style spin-off of the Monster Hunter series. Instead of battling monsters directly, you hatch, raise, and battle monsters with each other. It’s coming this Fall.
- Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters is the ultimate edition of Yo-Kai Watch 2. It includes new exclusive areas, quests, and an expanded multiplayer mode. It’s coming this Fall.
- Culdcept is a digital board game mash-up of Monopoly and Magic: the Gathering, and the series is enjoying its 20th anniversary. Culdcept Revolt is coming to Nintendo 3DS on August 29.
- RPG Maker Fes is the 3DS version of popular classic JRPG editor RPG Maker. It’s launching June 27.
- Miitopia is a social RPG that uses you and your friends’ Miis in a fantasy RPG. It’s coming later this year.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is a modern remake of the 1992 Fire Emblem game. One new addition that’s coming to 3DS is DLC, both paid and free. DLC can be purchased individually, in packs, or all in a Season Pass. The tactical RPG releases May 19.
- It’s the 25th anniversary for Kirby, and we’re getting not one, not two, but three new Kirby games. Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is a “free to start” downloadable title featuring four player cooperative action, available now. Kirby’s Blowout Blast is a 3D platformer similar to Kirby 3D Rumble. It’s coming this Summer. Finally an “unannounced Kirby multiplayer action game” is coming this Holiday.
- The final game in the Box Boy puzzle trilogy, Bye Bye Box Boy, is available now on Nintendo eshop.
- Arms – a good chunk of the Nintendo Direct was dedicated to Nintendo’s original fighting game for the Switch. The segment showed off multiple elemental attacks and arm styles. Nintendo also announced new fighter Minmin, whose left arm can transform into a dragon. A release date was officially announced: June 16.
- Splatoon 2 – the other major focus of the Direct was for Splatoon 2. An official “U.S. Inkling Open” tournament can net you a trip to E3 2017. A new co-op horde mode was revealed called Salmon Run. You and three others team-up to defend against waves of evil fish called Chum. Splatoon 2 releases on July 21.
- Nintendo will host 2 official tournaments (battle and race) for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe when it releases on April 28.
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challenge includes 2 player co-op mode, and optional touchscreen for handheld mode. It’s available May 26.
- Minecraft is coming to Nintendo Switch, naturally. The Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition will include the Super Mario Mash-Up Pack that released last year for Wii U. It’s available May 11.
- Sonic Forces is what was formerly announced as Project Sonic. The upcoming platformer is a pseudo-sequel to Sonic Generations, and feature both 2D side-scrolling and 3D platforming gameplay. It’s coming this Holiday.
- Project Mekeru (working title) is a local multiplayer action-puzzler. It looks like Bomberman but instead of placing bombs each player does a butt stomp to change the tiles to their color. It’s due this Summer.
- Fate Extello: The Umbral Star looks like a Dynasty Warriors style action game. It’s coming July 25.
- A demo for upcoming tactical RPG Disgaea 5 will be available on the Nintendo eshop soon. The full game will be available on May 23.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris is an arcade-like local multiplayer puzzle game. A demo is available now on the Nintendo eshop.
- Classic board game Monopoly is coming to Nintendo Switch in a new digital version. Monopoly for Nintendo Switch is coming this Fall.
- Multiplayer platformer Rayman Legends is coming to Nintendo Switch later this year.
- Side-scrolling shooter Sine Mora EX is coming this Summer, with local co-op and versus modes.
- Turn-based RPG Battle Chasers: Night War will release on Nintendo Switch first in “Late Summer.”
- Co-op first-person shooter Payday 2 is coming to Nintendo Switch this Fall.
- Joy-Con Neon Yellow controller and wrist strap launches June 16. A battery pack that extends the life of the Joy-Con is also launching June 16.
- “Limited quantities” of the stand-alone Nintendo Switch dock will become available on May 19.