If you received an Xbox One for the holidays – or just looking to expand your collection, Microsoft has you covered. Xbox is counting down the days until 2017 with a sale appropriately titled, Countdown.
“We’ll be counting down to the new year and continuing great deals through Jan. 9,” states Major Nelson, Xbox PR guru. “The sale offers 19 days of deals on hundreds of games, movies & TV shows, music and apps, including daily and weekly offers.”
To get the most out of the Countdown Sale you’ll need to check in each day for the daily deals. Today’s Daily Deal (Dec. 27) is a Battlefield Bundle for 40% off, which includes Battlefield: Hardline and Battlefield 4 ($17.99) and a Prototype Biohazard Bundle, which includes Prototype and Prototype 2 for $25.00. The Daily Deals will end on December 31.
The first weekly discounts are set to expire tomorrow, Dec. 28, with a new set of deals available beginning on Dec. 29.
Xbox One Weekly Sale this week includes:
- Battlefield 1 $44.99 (25% off)
- Titanfall 2 $35.99 (40% off)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare $44.99 (25% off)
- Battlefield 1 – Titanfall 2 Deluxe Bundle $89.99 (40% off)
- Dark Souls III $35.99 (40% off)
- Destiny – The Collection $44.99 (25% off)
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided $35.99 (40% off)
- Dishonored 2 $44.99 (25% off)
- Final Fantasy XV $50.99 (15% off)
- Gears of War 4 $32.99 (45% off)
Note that Xbox Live Gold members receive an additional 10% off on top of these deals. Currently Microsoft is offering a promotional deal that lets you sign up for Gold and receive your first month for $1. This only applies to new, non-Gold members.
Xbox Live Gold basically lets you play games online with your Xbox. You also receive several free games twice a month. The current free games for December are Sleeping Dogs and Outlast (Xbox One), and Burnout Paradise (Xbox 360).